Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Truth Matters

Sometimes a photo gives a thousand words, and this particular one screams out several that should  be considered when you are teaching your child a lie.  So, I am going to give you a lil bit of a background to my family before making such a bold statement.  Well, here it goes.   I am a single mother of two children.  I did the Santa thing: dragged the baby screaming and crying, placing her in a strangers arms,  thought out the perfect present from Old Father Christmas, and placed a tag written from Ol' Kris Kringle. I cooked the sweet sugar cookies to be left out for Santa, making sure to eat at least two. So, I've done the Santa thing.  But what did this accomplish me, nothing, but lies to my young children that did nothing but trust me with their whole hearts.  At the time this was just a tradition passed down from generation to generation.  I was not even a Christian  or person that particularly believed in God but like everyone else I felt the need to do this for my children.  This changed when one person shared some truths with me and my life changed from not being Christian to becoming one.  The reason that this particular photo screams out is because it is an Atheist billboard and as a Christian parent this should alarm you that they're right.  When we teach our children lies they don't particular trust us.  Of course Virginia there is a Santa Claus, and  a Easter Bunny, and a Tooth Fairy, and a Boogie Man, and a lil baby that flies around with arrows on his back, and Krampus, and an Elf on the Shelf that watches you and reports to Santa.  Do you see my point?  We are lying to our children, and not just "lil white lies".  This particular lie does not end with just Santa but extends straight back to the root of the Holiday itself.   After becoming a Christian we threw out Santa; after looking into Christmas we threw it out as well.  There are much more wholesome things that you can give your children than greedy selfish Holidays manufactured by men.  My personal favorites are the ones mentioned in Leviticus 23 updates to follow.

Or if you are just dying to know more, check out this web site www.pointsoftruth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment