Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Sweet Essence

You never can be surprised when God does a mighty work but I'm always placed with this emotion.  The love that He has filled my heart with this last couple of weeks is beautiful and it's not alone but trust has come upon my spirit also. This trust is without fear.  I know what you are thinking fear shouldn't be where trust is, you are right.   Fear so dwelled in me that my trust was less than a mustard seed.  The mustard seed is quite an extraordinary glimpse into God's mind or heart. 

"He gave them another parable [ to consider], saying, " The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; and of all the seeds [planted in the region] it is the smallest, but when it has grown it is the largest of the garden herbs and becomes a tree, so that THE BIRDS OF THE AIR FIND SHELTER IN ITS BRANCHES."  Matthew13:31-32

So in this small scripture, I learn the weakness that was formed in me because of hurts, betrayals, and disloyalty from this world will one day produce a MARVELOUS TREE.  That the smallest of seeds of faith will grow in the majestic loveliness of God that my image will change and grow in the likeness of Him that loves me.  This love is immeasurable and is so trustworthy that I can sit and marvel at His work and not FEAR. 
Slush

"I am reminded from where You have brought me
And where You have placed me for today
And I won't forget that Your hand will hold me
Your love sustains me through the wait
I will wait on You, Lord
I will wait on You, Lord"



No comments:

Post a Comment