Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sweet Essence

It's been a little bit since I have shared my thoughts on Smalltowns.  The last time I wrote, I was in a congregation and growing insecure in my faith more and more.  As of right now I find myself in a hallway as CS Lewis so eloquently states in "Mere Christianity".  I started this book for the fourth time but in quite a different season in my life. I believe this is the first book I read which is quite peculiar because I thought I gave it to someone else to read.  Not sure why it came back in my possession but I'm grateful. I get to glance at my thoughts as a baby christian and compare it to my thoughts now and see if I still agree.  One of my favorite quotes is just in the Preface at the beginning.  I wrote on the side of this quote, "that God can move such words inspires me."  

"I hope no reader will suppose that "Mere Christianity"  is here put forward as an alternative to the creeds of the existing communions -- as if a man could adopt it in preference to Congregationalism or Greek Orthodoxy or anything else. It is more like a hall out of which doors open into several rooms. If I can bring anyone into that hall I shall have done what I attempted.  But it is in the rooms, not in the hall, that there are fires and chairs and meals."  (Mere Christianity; CS Lewis)

This last statement was hard for me to dwell on because I remembered the last two years of my so called room and realized that my room was empty for me and I was starving because of the lack of care. I find that the  hallway is a good place for me at this time because I can wonder in and out of different rooms and the Lord gives me fellowship with people that are like minded and sometimes in the sweetness I get fed and get comfy in a chair close to the warm fire. My heart rejoices in these moments sometimes it's just a sweet fellowship among friends dwelling on the Greatness of the Lord.

My prayer today; Heal hearts today let the broken reside in You, fix our sharp edges and help us to bring forth a clear image of you Lord. 









No comments:

Post a Comment