Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year

Up before the sun, trying to keep the house quiet for the girls.  Only 5 more days till I have to go back to work.  Finished 1 Corinthians this morning it was a good read for starting out the New Year.  I had a dream last night that I was in a race but needless to say I was not prepared.  I ran at a slow pace people passing me and then I look down at my feet; I'm running in boots and jeans can I emphasize not prepared.  When I woke up and opened the Bible I was starting with you guessed it; 1 Corinthians 9.  I believe God is putting emphasis in my life.  Lord, prepare me for the race and to receive the prize. Bring forth good things for this small family with a heart to serve, and the love to endure.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
1 Corinthians 9: 24,27



No comments:

Post a Comment